View Single Post
Old 12-09-17, 03:45 PM   #4
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

AOTD_MadMax said this a few years ago:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...00#post1738000

Someone else may have a better way... I thought the info was in the Save folder also, but I can't find it... Each individual submarine in the game has that setting, so the thing to do is get yourself a copy of skwas S3Ditor so that you can open the Sim file. Then, create yourself a folder structure in a "safe" place, well away from your game, such as "C:\MyMods \AutoDoors \Data \Submarine \Balao" (don't put those "spaces" in the folder path). Go into the folder of the same name in FotRSU, and copy the Balao.Sim file into your new folder. Make your alterations to that copy. Now, copy the AutoDoors folder over into your MODS folder in FotRSU, and activate it with JSGME. Test the Balao boat in a new Career (don't use the Career you're using already, make a new one).

If it works, fantastic. Deativate that test mod and get it out of the MODS folder. Back in your "MyMods AutoDoors Data Submarine" folder, make a folder for each of the "real" submarines, such as "Gato", "Narwhal" etc. There are eleven US subs you can drive in the game, but you don't need folders for the Gar or the S42, since they're just "copies" of other subs and don't have Dat or Sim files. Nine folders all told. Repeat the process for each boat in your MyMods\ AutoDoors folder. Copy their respective Sim files into the new folders, and edit each of those. Now you've got a full AutoDoors mod for your FotRSU game (if it works... ). I say that last, due to the fact that I haven't tried it myself yet. If you want to wait a few days, I'll try it out myself on Tuesday - unless I'm forgetting something important, which I probably am...

Here's a picture of what MadMax was talking about with the FotRSU Balao boat:

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote