View Single Post
Old 03-20-18, 07:53 AM   #11
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by xpatka3000 View Post
All drives are separate disks, i have no partitions, don't know where to look for swap file for windows.I Don't have any problems with other steam or non steam games or windows itself, no any errors on startup. Damaged sectors are on separate disk and i am not using it for now, no program is runned from disk F until i fix this bad sectors and i clean up the disk. restore points and backups must be on C:\ by default, since i installed windows year ago i didn't change any option in backup, i just use disk cleanup to remove junk and old files.
Did you happen to go to the trash can with the cleanup, or complete delete, do you remember? Windows may have removed old DirectX9 files during that disk "clean-up". Try re-installing DirectX v9c, which you could do from the Silent Hunter disk, or from downloading at MS site:
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/down....aspx?id=34429

Just remember that once a Save is corrupted, it is corrupted. You can not reuse them anymore. If that doesn't make things better, you might have to re-install the whole game in order to get rid of the corrupted Saves. SH4 is much better than SH3 at saving, though it's definitely not perfect...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna

Last edited by propbeanie; 03-20-18 at 08:16 AM. Reason: corrupt Saves
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote