View Single Post
Old 03-21-17, 07:10 AM   #1286
Stiebler
Fuel Supplier

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 4

@Warsteiner,

Sorry about the delayed reply. I've been checking your claims of faulty campaign files.

1. I agree with your discovery about the campaign_SCR.mis file not showing any mines in Mission Editor. The explanation, I was about to write, but I see that you have written faster, is that a cut-and-paste operation for the scripted aircraft accidently overwrote the first unit of the Ordnance group, without over-writing its waypoints. This 'disabled' all the ordnance units, which was not apparent during the lengthy testing that I have carried out.
2. The IABLShipsforNYGM_New_Thomsen mod contains its own campaign_RND.mis file, which over-writes that in NYGM_2017.
True, I'd completely forgotten about that. The Thomsen file needs the St. Eval-Musketry and Chieveley-Musketry scripted flights removed (Nos. 2029 and 2030), and the next entries renumbered.
3. The HarborTrafficMod needs the new scripted aircraft. I'd forgotten about that too.

Thanks for all this information, and I'll fix it as soon as possible.
DO NOT attempt to make fixes in SH3 Mission Editor! This often stamps its own ideas about what was intended onto campaign files, which were not what the user intended. Mission Editor is good for checking, but not for modifying, existing campaign files.

And finally - there seems to be a bug in the new radar mod, when FuMO61 is used. The aerial rotates, but detects nothing. Sometimes the aerial is destroyed during loading a new patrol. These faults might be due to the ordnance problem in (1) above, though.

Apologies to others affected by these errors.
It's difficult to test every permutation of NYGM.
I'll make a replacement as soon as possible, named NYGM_2017A to avoid confusion.
Meanwhile, I shall leave the mod available on the NYGM web-site, because some others want to see how NYGM now handles the issue of scripted aircraft and moving air-bases.

Stiebler.

Stiebler is offline   Reply With Quote