View Single Post
Old 01-26-19, 04:02 PM   #7296
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 441
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Front Runner View Post
Parker's Tin Can (Both entries) is 0 (zero) tons in the Recognition Manual.
Oh, I forgot about him... I wanted to remove him from the Campaign itself. That is supposed to only show up in the New Construction missions...

Edit: btw, it has to stay in the RecMan so that it can be targeted, and you get no points for sinking it...

Here's a little tidbit from the USS Trout's (SS-202) ninth patrol report:
"... Prior to departure Fremantle, tests were made to determine effective depths at which the SJ radar could be used under moonlight and medium visibility conditions. Ranges to 8,000 yards on a Dutch destroyer, while running at 40 feet were obtained, and it was possible to decrease the depth to 45 feet at 5000 yards range. From 4,000 yards to the firing point, depth was kept at 52 feet (best low periscope depth) broaching to 45 feet for ranges as necessary. Trout was not sighted on any of these four approaches, although numberous trained lookouts knew the approximate time of the attack. On the last approach, two-thirds speed was used as a test and the range closed to 1,500 yards without being sighted. Visibility was excellent with a bright moon, and a flat calm sea."
I wish we could get the game to work like that...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna

Last edited by propbeanie; 01-26-19 at 04:53 PM. Reason: dad-blamed Parker...
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote