View Single Post
Old 07-28-10, 06:40 AM   #21
Zedi
Sea Lord

Downloads: 184
Uploads: 2

TDW UI already has a stadimeter fix and an enhanced rec manual, so no need for this mod if you play with his UI. Reaper already implemented these skins in his UI mod (I think). This mod was build to be used with the stock UI, actually I continued Reaper's work just to have a tool for those who wish to use the new slim and minimalist UI, but also want to play a sim, not a kids game.

I started to work on this mod after I had read this excellent manual TDC tutorial, posted by emtguf. Problem there was that the stock stadimeter is bugged so is almost impossible to play like is in that tutorial because the range values will be always wrong. That's why I worked for weeks to read the "right" values for the whole SH5 fleet and mark the manual with a green line where the bugged stadimeter will read the correct range.

The next step I work on now is to implement in the manual this brilliant SpeedSolver Quick Chart made by gutted. So in this way the player will always know the right speed of his target without the need to print out the chart on paper or make complicated math. Is just I'm short on time, but I already have implemented the chart for few ships and is under testing. All I need is free time.. hope that soon I will release this improvement.

What I absolutely love in this mod is that help a lot with the realism. Is no automated lock or stadimeter that will work for the player, the human error is a big issue, so every shot need to be double checked and if ur fish hits the target.. is a big joy. No more million tons/patrol, no more shooting with torpedoes like with a missile, every torpedo is important because is a lot of room for human error, like was in real life

PS: Can an admin edit the topic title and add a [REL] in it please? I edited the title but somehow it not gets updated...
Zedi is offline   Reply With Quote