View Single Post
Old 07-21-17, 10:11 AM   #5049
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 440
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by RampantParanoia View Post
I noticed it while attacking a 2 ship convoy and it did it on both ships. I can't remember for definite but I think it did it in other ships I encountered later in the patrol.

I have a GTX1060 and I've got everything turned up to max or ticked from memory. I'll post a screenshot of the settings page if I get a chance later.

Edit: Pic below

We'll need a graphics expert to tell us about that "Vertical Sync". You could try it without that, and see what it does. For some reason (probably my computer), I have trouble increasing the "Particle Density", but again, we'll have to wait for expert opinion / facts... In the meantime, do you have other mods installed, or did you happen to load a "Save" from a previous version, or another mod?

Quote:
Originally Posted by torpedobait View Post
Propbeanie asked: "As for those shots torpedobait, the ships being hung in mid-air is from "flying in" on the exterior camera. However, the ships having spawned, then crashed and burned on a hillside is not cool... Which harbor are you at there?"

The harbor is Miyako (Northern Honshu). The "flying" ships were viewed with the "Next Ship" camera (>) and were shown to be mixed in with the single file convoy I was tracking. The Free Camera (F12) did not show themat all when I approached my target convoy, which I thought was even stranger. It only showed them burning on the hillside after I had dropped the agent and used it (F12) to peer into Miyako harbor. They appeared to be the same ships I had seen earlier, positionally with respect to each other, and by type.

The sequence of events was like this: I tracked a convoy by passive sonar. I had not encountered many single-file groups before, so curiosity got the better of me and I used the Next Ship cam to see what was out there. It showed me a ship in the convoy, but surrounding it were a number of burning ships, some completely airborne and obviously misplaced. Next I used the Free Cam to confirm the mess I had found. That one showed NO burning ships, only the five or six ships in the single file convoy.

Later, after dropping off an agent( per tasking) just outside Miyako harbor, I saw a lot of smoke over the harbor in the periscope, and used the Free Cam to investigate. That's when I saw the ships all aground, some up the hill far beyond where momentum might have taken them. Again, this was in the October-November 1943 time frame.
Thanks to a lot of help, I've fixed my problem of how to post pictures, Unfortunately, I no longer have them since I cleaned things up to install v0.63. Sigh.
We want to get all locations in the game spawning ships not only in the water, but in water deep enough to handle not only the apparent visible draft, but also to allow for their "magnetic trigger" depth, which is the part where it looks like the vessel 'bounced' a bit out of the water. The problem with the Japanese ports is getting in close enough to observe, and not get shot-up... There is a setting in the ME for "Render accurate shoreline", that might be at play in Myako. We'll take a gander later today. Any issues like what CapitaCatalunya describes below?:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapitaCatalunya View Post
Apart from oddly placed ressuply missions, I have noticed something weird. I'm on a Narwhal on a full campaign (starting 1941) on the Asiatic Fleet.

Although for the first months I could deliver supplies, troops and spies without a problem, of lately no matter how near I get to the coast the "send boat" command will not appear. I tried everything, slow, near, everything, it just will not fire, and I have even damage several subs because I get so near to the coast!!

Any help??
Is the Narwhal available from the beginning at Manila (I'm not near a computer right now)? Are you using the in-game Narwhal, or the 'Donation-ware' Narwhal? The 'Donation-ware version is NOT compatible with FotRSU. How many of these type missions have you gotten? What was the date of your last insert mission? Do you have any other mods installed?

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote