View Single Post
Old 01-22-19, 10:30 PM   #7253
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 440
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immelmann View Post
... Any chance we can get the moon to reflect the same color off the water as it is in the sky?
I'm not sure if multiple pictures are allowed in the reflection, but that's what it is, is a picture of light, not an actual reflection. You might also notice that it doesn't do a very good job of "varying" its intensity when a cloud passes by... Maybe someone knows more about what can be done with a "reflection" in the dat file...

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaleunMarco View Post
can't say about level of distance...
If you compare the relative appearance of the hill behind town, my pix are from a further distance away than yours - but I don't know if the settings for the game and / or video card make a difference there or not. I'm further back though, and I can see some of the trees still, even though I am starting to lose detail on the dock...

Quote:
Originally Posted by merc4ulfate View Post
... Yes the sonar man is deaf but only at certain depths and angle on the bow...
CapnScurvy has done some tweaking on that for the next release. However, one thing to keep in mind about the sonar, and the radar too, is that once you have "visual", you will often lose both sonar and radar, unless you yourself are at the station. Sometimes doing the "follow nearest target" holds, sometimes not...

Quote:
Originally Posted by merc4ulfate View Post
Hey Prop I just had my third CTD...
You're driving your crew too hard mister! - The error message from Windows will almost always be very similar, just due to the way the game runs. Windows can only "point to" SH4.exe and say "He did it! Wasn't me!" I'll keep digging into the Tambor / Gar boats and their assigned missions, as well as traffic off the Japanese coast for bad "calls". That is a Daihatsu barge, btw, and they might be empty running light, or loaded with solders or a vehcle, or mounted with guns. In any case, they should NOT be that far out of the water, so I've got another test mission to run. Maybe if s7rikeback sees this, he can look at the Daihatsu's files, and make sure we didn't miss something with it. Just do NOT let the airplanes see you! Do you think the CTD may have co-incided with the bomb(s) impacting the water? Did you catch what type they were?... Thanks folks!

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is online   Reply With Quote