View Single Post
Old 11-21-14, 05:14 AM   #177
Stiebler
Fuel Supplier

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 4

@Andqui:
Quote:
I notice that it spawns a FIDO every time an aircraft drops a depth charge. Is this correct? If so, what happens when an aircraft like the Wellington drops a depth charge- does that spawn a FIDO attack as well? Is there a way to restrict this to just Avenger aircraft?
Yes, a FIDO is spawned after 1 June 1943 every time that an aircraft drops a depthcharge.

Different aircraft have different load-outs (of weapons). The big bombers mostly have mixed load-outs of bombs and depthcharges, so you will get effectively a random drop of either bombs or depthcharges every time the aircraft drops part of its pay-load.

Thus the way to restrict FIDO to Avengers is to change the loadouts of all other bombers to exclude depthcharges after 1 June 1943. You can find the load-outs for each aircraft in their .eqp files. Delete their load-outs for depthcharges, then renumber all the remaining entries so that they are continuous ( [Equipment 1,2,3,4...] ). In real life, some Liberators also carried FIDO, so you'd probably want to leave them unchanged.

Quote:
Also, could you compare this with the Air Torpedo & Fido mod. They seem to work in very different ways; while it says that both are compatible with eachother, would that solution supersede this one?
Neither solution supercedes the other, they are simply different.
If you prefer the graphic effect, use Rubini's Air Torpedo and Fido mod.
If you prefer realism (bearing in mind the fact that the crew of a submerged U-boat could not actually see any external graphics), then use my hard-code mod. Rubini and I tried to combine the two mods, but we agreed that it was too difficult - they both function in ways that are completely unrelated.

However, I think you will be sunk far too often if you try to use both mods together, even though, as you say, they are mutually compatible in operation.

Stiebler.
Stiebler is offline   Reply With Quote