View Single Post
Old 01-31-18, 09:38 AM   #3
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 440
Uploads: 2

What mod(s) are you using when you get that "repeat"? This is what used to happen in FotRSU:

The old "Crash Dive" wave file was too long, and it would "stick" in the buffer and the game would keep playing the last micro second of the sound file, which you can hear that "end" of the file at about 1:15 as a "bell clang", and the "stuck" portion at about 1:35 (the "bell clang"). Nothing got rid of "The Sound", other than exiting the game and coming back in. Certain of the game's sound files cannot be over approximately 18 seconds, and Time Compression is a "trigger", but not the lone cause of the issue. Can you isolate the phrase that gets "stuck"?

All that said, I've accidentally hit the "S" key for "Surface", when I meant to hit the "W" key to cycle the tubes, and I would then panic and hit the "P" key for "periscope depth" multiple times or maybe press and hold the key, and would get maybe a half-dozen repeats of "Periscope depth, yes sir!", but it would stop the repeats after just a few seconds, so the keyboard buffer can hold stuff for a bit... just not to the point that you have to save and exit to get it to reset.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote