View Single Post
Old 07-31-13, 11:15 AM   #830
Stiebler
Fuel Supplier

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 4

@Linea Maginot:

1. As you say, when the enemy sees the U-boat, tc falls to 8 (default value).
I believe that this behaviour is true of stock SH3 and all the Super Mods.

If the enemy has detected you, but your crew has not yet detected the enemy, then you are alerted because tc has fallen to 8. You consider this to be wrong.

I agree, it is wrong, but there is nothing we can do about the problem. When this situation occurs to me, I continue on course as though nothing has happened.
Except... now I go to the bridge and search the horizon constantly with the binoculars. This is what your crew should do anyway. Now you are doing it for them.

When finally I see the enemy through the binoculars, then I take action (for example, to dive).

It is not necessary to react when tc falls to 8. For fair play, you must discover the cause first. Then you can react.

2. Yes, you are right that NYGM3C now contains NYGM ships corrected for the Thomsen parameters.

I have also IABL's MFM fleet with corrected parameters, but I have not released these corrections.
The reason is that occasionally the extra IABL ships have adverse effects on the game - sometimes you see a corvette floating just above the ocean, unable to move because the propellor is not in the water. This is rare, but the original IABL_NYGM ship collection does not cause this effect.

Stiebler.
Stiebler is offline   Reply With Quote