Thread: [REL] FOTRS Ultimate Project
View Single Post
Old 08-16-18, 09:17 PM   #6491
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 440
Uploads: 2

Ho ho! Let's talk boring computer stuff then! I used to read C Language and Novel Netware books for fun! 'Course, we're talking 'bout the heady days of Netware 3.5 and Win 31 here... Access v2... oh, and "Office" was just a place to work then, etc... I'll take a Sarsaparilla though - too many late nights with that other stuff...

In the meantime, you understand then, the desire for eliminating as many issues as the game engine will allow us, hence the A.R. attitude sometimes of "detail" digging...

Back to tacks then (them details), the "when i restarted by career in a Balao in early 1943", is that a menu start that did that CTD, or an upgrade from the Gar to the Balao? (Ever wonder why it skipped the Gato?) Also, what date was the start, and were you at Pearl, or Mare (Treasure) Island? The game is more than a little squirrelly between October 19th, 1942 (maybe earlier) & February 14th, 1943 with the Balao, which is why we were trying to stop it happening. I think we'll just have to try a different approach, and "nip it in the bud" a different way. Any details you can supply are appreciated. Thanks!

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote