View Single Post
Old 10-15-18, 03:43 PM   #1318
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 440
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tucker View Post
Thanks for the quick response. I’m currently running at its recommended setting 3840X2160 16:9 at 60Hz. I’m running it on my laptop so that should explain the craz dimension. When I first reinstalled SH4 on my current laptop I had to fiddle with the resolution because all the writing was absolutely tiny and unreadable. Now at least it’s readable, but I will play with the resolution again and see if I can get it better.

Edit:

Well that was weird, in the options it said I was running it at the recommended resolution, but when I clicked on it to double check and reselected it, it shrunk everything back to being almost unreadable haha. So apparently I wasn’t on my recommended settings. But I changed it to 1920X1080 16:9 at 60Hz and it’s good now. The writing and icons are still a little small but I will get used to them. And more importantly now I can access my whole crew menu.
We would have to wait for someone more familiar with the higher resolutions to come along and address the use of something in the 3840x2160 range, but as you found, using an 'equivalent' ratio resolution (16:9 in your case) that is lower, can help.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote