View Single Post
Old 12-02-17, 10:22 AM   #5514
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 440
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawk2495 View Post
I've got some crashes going on too. I can get into a campaign and just start to get under way and poof!

I'm running SH4 1.5 Gold Edition Disc copy. Win 7 64 bit and have run LAA.. It's just weird. Everything looks and runs fine, then just gone.
Try to run a Single Mission, and see if that goes OK. There is one in the list named "Test of Nagato", which is a test mission from the AOTD_MadMax team, and it will pretty well stress things with all of the heavy ordnance flying about. Be sure and have your sound system turned down when you do it! If that plays OK, then things are alright. Another "test" would be to try The Museum. Answer "Yes" when asked if you have a ticket, and it will try to load. Depending on your computer, it might take upwards of five minutes to load. It might also crash.

All that said, if you're crashing with any aspect of the game with a "fresh" install of SH4 and a new activation of FotRSU, the thing to look for is the SH4 install. You state SH4 Gold (UBoats), so the only issue then would be: which directory is the game installed in? You need to stay away from the "Default..." of "C:\Program Files (x86)". It's a "protected" folder that Windows will not allow CFG file editing in (which is what mods do). Second, in the game's directory, right-click on the SH4.exe, and then left-click on "Properties" at the bottom of that menu. On that first "General" tab, be sure that the "Read-only" tick box is empty. If it's not, that means that LAA was not able to write to the executable to enable access to more memory, so you'd have to re-do LAA then. A really ~BIG~, seemingly innocent thing is the Save folder (My Documents \ SH4, unless you use MultiSH4). If you do not empty that prior to activating FotRSU, you run the risk of what I call "cross-contaminating" your FotRSU activation and the base game itself. The game accesses the information in that folder, no matter which mod(s) you use or don't use...

Let us know what you find!

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote