vdr1981
Navy Seal

Downloads: 581
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cybermat47 View Post
Here are some suggestions:

Ability PRESSURE HULL CRITICAL SPOTS
Thanks to his years of experience, the chief knows just how deep the boat can really go.

Ability MANEUVERING
Experienced helmsmen can react to your orders faster and start turning the boat immediately.

Ability EMERGENCY BOSUN Intervention
The bosun’s short-term “corrective” measures. (The rest of the text is perfect).

Ability SPECIAL MEAL
(Should read “Olaf”, not “Dieter”).

Ability WATCH CREW
An experienced watch crew will be more effective at spotting targets, and will identify them faster and with more confidence.

Ability DIRECTION FINDER - HYDROPHONE
I suggest you change this one to
Ability EXPERIENCED SOUNDMAN
An experienced hydrophone operator can pick up contacts faster, due to his familiarity with sound contacts.

Ability SKILLED RADIO OPERATOR
An experienced radio operator can accurately guess the speed and course of RDF contacts.

Ability SKILLED TELEGRAPHIST
(All text is fine except for the following suggested correction) ... lowering the chance of radio messages being intercepted and triangulated by Allied forces.

Also, I noticed that the torpedo pre-heat ability has gone. Are you planning to have the TII’s performance at 30 knots at 5km by default in the next release, or is the “torpedo maintenance” ability the new way of getting that performance?

Personally, I think that having the 30 knots at 5km performance makes the most sense, while the torpedo maintenance should make the torpedoes less likely to be duds.

Or perhaps this: there’s a ten percent chance (just as an example) that a torpedo will have 100m less range than normal, but upgrading the torpedo maintenance ability reduces that chance, as well as reducing the chance of a dud.

It didn’t work with WinRAR for me, but 7Zip worked perfectly.
Thank for your suggestions Cyber. I could use some of them for sure...

Regarding torpedo range and dud calculations...
Since the torpedo range is by default randomized by TDW Generic Patcher (+-5%), my topr. maintenance ability will add 10% range, making TDW randomization, if nothing else, positive for us. Nothing "game changing" and it shouldn't be IMO after all.
Dud calculations are completely controlled by GP. Nothing to do with my settings.

Fully maintained TII will have ~4.5km range at 29 kn. I don't wan't to match it with TIII.
vdr1981 is offline   Reply With Quote