View Single Post
Old 12-17-16, 07:44 PM   #3
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 441
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockin Robbins View Post
1. old issue: do you have search indexing going on? That will churn your hard drives like crazy when you're doing nothing. Takes up CPU resources too. Turn indexing off!

Hey, that is about all for Windows 7. Now on updated Windows 8 and 8.1 as well as Windows 10, Windows gathers up a core sample of information from all over your disk (they have rights to all your info now), compresses it and sends it in very large files to their mother drone in orbit around Jupoopiter twice a day. This is automatic and no options will shut it off. Merry Christmas from the invasion of privacy section at Microsloth. They assure you they will do virtually no harm.
Well... I ~had~ indexing off... It is now "OFF" once again. It, like other settings on the computer, have been ~changed~... I must have done all that in my sleep, while I wasn't looking, 'cause I sure don't remember turning that on, Windows Update on Full MS Control, nor making my avi file and mp3 files play windows media mangler and drm King. They also changed my preferences for image formats, as well as changing my power "Savings" settings back to basically a laptop for a desktop. Wow...

Edit am 12/18: Another thing I just noticed here, is now that I've changed some of my file ext properties to where the programs ~I~ want associated with open them, I no longer have "previews" available in the sidebar in Windows Explorer... what thuh h?... what are these computer "people" trying to prove here? This is like the photobucket site bombing a user with ads anymore. Makes me not want to use them for ~anything~ at all...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna

Last edited by propbeanie; 12-18-16 at 09:32 AM.
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote