Old 04-06-17, 08:07 AM   #4423
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 440
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubblehead1980 View Post
Here is my honest review...
...I like the little differences, the sounds are great...engines, deck gun, AA gun. The ambient noise inside adds feel ...
I have a sound mod planned, basically a "plain" one, but with a "best of" approach. We have been finding more, other sound issues (there have been a few already), and are working at those as we speak (CapnScurvy, Jeff-Groves). We'll see what's left to do upon mod completion, but the interior was going to be my main target. But If you get between a couple of surface ships duking it out, it is ~very~ impressive hearing the shells traveling to and fro...

Quote:
...I love that you actually have AA shells for the AA guns, so can see flak bursts finally...
CapnScurvy worked those up. Looks great, but I still can't shoot down an airplane, no matter how hard I try. They always seem to hole my deck without too much effort though. Needless to say, SOP would be to hide anyway...

Quote:
... Crew placement is nice but have had to learn it all over after years of running TMO. A "hogans alley"...
Another separate mod, most likely, unless there are a lot of user requests, because we've already overworked CapnScurvy with just about everything else. In fact, we may have to put CapnScurvy's name on the mod, alongside AOTD_MadMax's and Jeff-Groves (who's name will be flashing really big on the screen)... tic

Quote:
...Navmap needs facelift. Perhaps could be NBJACKSO to create a FOTRS version of his excellent nav map makeover, it would go great. Includes Sofu Gan, Panama Canal, Truk, Sub Base at Pearl Harbor(trying to figure out how to make patrols start with sub docked at the sub base) labels in places that were missing etc.Coloring is nice. Best nav map makover I ve seen in SH 4.
I was already mangling it to conform with FotRSU... There are several things though that may not be "set" yet that would influence its completion. Including the extra "docks" are a goal of mine also, and starting over there is easy-peasy to set up, so long as it's done correctly, else you CTD the game ( - not that ~I've~ ever done that... ahem). Hopefully, not too much longer. If the current experiment works, we'd have to ask permission yet...

Quote:
...I could see what was now three destroyers moving in at high speed, soundman confirmed this.I went deep and before long they were overhead pinging away dropping charges....

... I could work on one for FOTRS if you guys are interested.I'll prob make one anyways for my own use at some point ...

... few more runs and i was sinking too deep out of control, blew ballast repeatedly until surfaced and was gunned to death by the DD's...
That is the usual... There are so many little nooks and crannies for the sensors to be altered, and the Capn (again... ) has been doing some ~real~ testing - I mean he strips the mod down to nothing ~but~ the sensor he's testing, and has some ideas, but we've distracted him all too often for other things... - in the meantime, if you want to do any mods for the game, you are more than welcome to. I would PM Rockin Robbins though, with your proposal(s), and see if he has any "special requests" for conformity to the "FotRSU ой Standard of Quality (SOQ)"... ahem. Some mornings, I'm more full of it than normal...

Quote:
... Suffered lag and CTD around Pearl Harbor.Perhaps too many ships? My rig is strong and runs well, first CTD ive suffered in game since been back ...
Now, that shouldn't ought to be... we've done quite a bit of work around Pearl... Some good, some bad (apparently)... Do you happen to remember the date? What boat you had, and were you starting in the harbor, or out?...

Thank you much for your post, it helps us tune things in...

@Moonlight = Keep away from the birds... they bite, as you know... They really should have their "superman" status turned down a pinch also, but we haven't gotten to that yet. I could see them "holing" your boat every once in a while, doing some near-miss damage quite often, but to but a bomb down your conn hatch every drop is just an unbelievable accomplishment... - of course, you could always look at it from the other perspective... we're just ~that~ good at driving our boats, that we can get them into the path of a dropped object that often... I mean, it takes a LOT of twisting and turning, speeding up and slowing down, to do that...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote