View Single Post
Old 04-22-19, 11:49 PM   #8091
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 440
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slyguy3129 View Post
Confirmed. Uninstall, reinstall, does not solve the issue. S-Boats, and Salmon seem bugged and do not trigger any Creaks sound files.
FotRSU is a "beta" mod, and we have no idea what alterations you may have made to your game. As with almost all mods, you have to start with a good, clean SH4 v1.5 install, with LAA enabled on the SH4.exe file. Use JSGME to create a snapshot of the game files, and then do FotRSU. Before you run the game, empty the Save folder (default of "C:\Users \UserName \Documents \SH4 \"). Even if you use MultiSH4 for separate folders for each mod, you still have to empty the Save folder when doing a new FotRSU. It is NOT compatible with most other mods, since so many of the ships and planes have had Type and Class changes made. Test FotRSU alone to begin with. If you have troubles with it that way, let us know. Tell us a bit more about your computer also, what kind of cpu, how much ram, what OS, vidcard, soundcard, etc.

Another thing to remember is that the "team" is all-volunteer. We have no sponsors. Real life does get in the way with us too, and if we've got time to come by here once a day, we do. A couple of us old fahrtz are retired, but the rest of the team works for a living. We also have to do all sorts of running down the troubles reported. All of that said, of note is that I cannot get creaks in the S-Boats I've taken out in Career mode. The S-boats do get the "breaking glass" sound just fine, and much sooner than the Porpoise. "Medic!" We have spent a considerable time on the sounds, and are still trying to get the Speech files to cooperate with us, but the dive and the crash dive sounds should work fine, as well as the creaks - but alas, the creaks are missing on the Sugar boats... don't know why yet. I can hear a bit of a "buzz" in the background, but I don't know if that's the file trying to play, or my computer fan, or a fly stuck in my brain... - but we are looking into the "creaks" issue.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote