View Single Post
Old 07-18-18, 09:47 PM   #6347
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark bonamer View Post
got some good photos for you. dont laugh too hard. these were taken in the Carolines, near Truk, March 11, 1942.

the tanker was sinking. not sure what the DD was doing. i tried to snag the photo earlier but hit the wrong key. the tanker actually passed all the way through the DD (or vice versa).

couldnt figure what kind of ship this was. one of the is definitely an IJN corvette. not sure what the other one was.

enjoy!
Were you early in the war there mark bonamer? Like between Dec of 41 and Mar of 42 (hopefully)? If so, the game actually tracks some of the layers beginning in Jan of 1938, and other groups in January of 1940. This was an oversight on my part, left-over from stock. We hadn't noticed it prior, since some of the other problem areas were "covering" the error. Now you notice this. Since some of the groups were set to get a chance to spawn every 1200 hours, which equates to 50 days, at a 50% spawn rate, from January 1st, 1940, to December 7th, 1941, that would be approximately 7.3 spawns for each location - YIKES! A few more issues were discovered with the latest v0.72 attempt, but it is hoped we have an update shortly, that should minimize such spawning happenings... Some of those "mergers" are rather entertaining, aren't they? Not very realistic, and definitely an immersion killer...

As for the TC setting, I don't know the settings area for that off the top of my head, but it is caused by a combination of things, between the Sonar detection, Radar detection, and Visual detection, they can all take your TC back down. The "detector" has contact, loses it, then regains it, and that's what knocks you back down in TC rate. I'm reasonably sure that if you are out of Visual, that it will drop you to 8x, but if within Visual, that it will take you to 1x and might even ask if you want to engage... ??

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote