View Single Post
Old 09-30-18, 02:55 PM   #232
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

A Save Game folder (C:\ Users \ YourName \ Documents \ SH4) can cause you all sorts of grief. I just re-did my install, using the same files you already downloaded, and this is the way I went with it:
Generic Mod Enabler - v2.6.0.157
[E:\GameSH4\SH4_RallesModSoup1\MODS]

1.0 TMO_RSRDC_OTC
2.0 Ralles ModPack for TMO_RSRDC_OTC
1.5_OTC for 5 to 4 Aspect Ratio RSRDCv502
1.5_OTC_Realistic Scopes for 5 to 4 RSRDCv502
1.5_OTC_Tokko's Revenge for RSRDCv502
2.1 TorpedoupdateV2
Now, my 2nd line there, of "2.0 Ralles ModPack for TMO_RSRDC_OTC" is from the "Ralles lModPack for TMO_RSRDC_OTC V1.3single.rar" download, as is that particular Torpedo mod. If you want to add other Optionals, anywhere in there after the ModPack updateusually works. The OTC Optionals can also go in front of the ModPack, since there is no overwriting of files there. That's probably why Bleiente has them numbered 1.5.

Of note, I have an old LCD monitor that is a 5:4 ratio, running at 1280x1024. Make certain your choice matches your LCD's "Native" resolution, which Windows refers to as "(recommended)" in its "Screen Resolution" dialog for the desktop. Read CapnScurvy's ReadMe txt files for help with whether you should use one of those or not. If you want his Scope mod, pick the correct one of those also. When you first go into the game, it "defaults" to a 1024x768 resolution, so after you start SH4, you'll want to choose the "Options" choice and then the "Graphics Setting". On that page, top line is "Game Resolution". Use the drop-down box to the right of that, and set the game's resolution to match your computer display's "Native" or "Recommended" resolution. Set other things the way you want them. I have everything turned up, and only the "Windowed Mode", "Volumetric Fog" and "Vertical Sync" unchecked. Volumetric fog does strange things on my computer. In the Sound Settings, I always turn the Music way down, and lower the Master a pinch, so I don't blow my ears out too much... Don't forget to "Switch Side" if you go to do a Single Mission, else you'll end up in a U-Boat.

Edit: If you feel real adventurous, you could go into the "\Game \Data \Roster \Japan \Sea" folder (whatever folder you have the Game in), find the JPGunBoat01.cfg and JPGunBoat02.cfg files, and edit them (Notepad), changing their "UnitType=110" lines to read "UnitType=0" instead, to match the folder in the "Sea" folder. That's something left-over from the RSRDC days...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna

Last edited by propbeanie; 09-30-18 at 03:06 PM. Reason: JPGunBoats are off a pinch...
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote