View Single Post
Old 09-30-18, 12:48 PM   #230
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

When I told you about Ralles in the other thread, I should have told you that Bleiente's mod is an "All-In-One", which includes OTC. You can either use the mod pack he has as a whole, following his instructions, or just put the OTC mod itself from the other link on top of what you already have. The problem you have now is that you have mods activated after other important mods, and that has overwritten some important files. My Ralles ModPack install is an old v1.1 that I've updated several times as Bleiente has updated his pack, so my list will do us nothing but harm here ( ), so I'm downloading Bleiente's newest version and the update from Page One now, so if he doesn't reply by the time I get back, I'll have something here in a bit... but back off all of the mods for now...

Edit: Well, my current install confuses even me... (a very short drive though) - I've got
TMO 2.5
RSRDC 502 (TMO)
RSRDC v5xx Patch
Real Environments (a hold-over from the original Ralles ModPack)
v1.5 OTC
OTC Realistic Scopes
OTC US Radar from Start
Tokko's Revenge
... and it looks like I backed-off Bleiente's update, probably because I was going to re-install the whole thing - but I can't really tell because I've got like 17 mod folders in the "Available Mods" side of JSGME... looks somewhat like my old SH3 install... - so I'd say that's my old v1.1 install...

I do know this though, just use one of those Torpedo mods. If you're not based at Fremantle, just use the first one. Also, if you're not playing the German side, you don't need the "German PPI" or the "Metric Tools". Seems to me that you use the full v1.2 zip file, and extract it to a separate folder. Put the "1.0 TMO_RSRDC_OTC" folder in the MODS folder and activate that. He does have the OTC Optionals numbered next, but you'll have to drag what you want out of the main "1.5 OTC OptionalGoodys" folder and put those in the MODS folder. But I thought you were supposed to drag the "2.0 Ralles ModPack for TMO_RSRDC_OTC" folder to the MODS folder and activate it 2nd, then pull the "2.0 Ralles MODPack for TMO_RSRDC_OTC" folder from his v1.3 update "Ralles ModPack for TMO_RSRDC_OTC V1.3single.rar" file and activate it, then activate the optional mods you want, else the ModPack and update overwrite the "optional" mods' settings...

You might be better off waiting on Bleiente to reply, unless you don't mind experimenting with things a lot... One important note about applying mods: When you activate a mod, especially the big ones, do NOT use an old Save Game file. In fact, you are much better off to either save the folder structure temporarily elsewhere for later use with the same sets of mods used to create it, or just delete the contents outright, so that you don't mix the data between mods via a Save file.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna

Last edited by propbeanie; 09-30-18 at 02:05 PM. Reason: Lotsa stuff
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote