Thread: Mod PT-109
View Single Post
Old 06-18-19, 12:09 PM   #5
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 440
Uploads: 2

The AI (Artificial Intelligence) has several files that work together to produce the shooting distance. I am definitely not one to get advise off of as to which files are involved, since I don't know exactly. Several of the files in the Data / Cfg folder control things, but some of the files are leftovers from SH3. The thing to do, if no one else comes along for you, is to use WinMerge and compare that folder in Stock, to the same folder in the TMO mod, or better yet, several mods. There are other factors involved. I would try and wait for someone who knows for certain which files to tweak for that. In the meantime, can you use Google Drive or MediaFire to post you files to, and I'll try to alter a set of CareerStart.upc and Flotillas.upc files for you, so you can see what you need and where. Guadalcanal area, Florida Island (Tulagi) is one place I know of, and Mios Woendi?? Borneo had several locations, and they moved as soon as they were set-up in some spots... so you'll probably have to mess with the US_NavalBases.mis file, along with PatrolObjectives.cfg, due to the fact that a lot of the sub missions are not able to be completed by the PT boat, due to the 3D artwork and other game restrictions - which applies to most of the other surface ships... How familiar are you with the Mission Editor?

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote