Thread: [REL] FOTRS Ultimate Project
View Single Post
Old 01-14-19, 09:12 PM   #7159
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 440
Uploads: 2

Thank you zeus. I have tried multiple times to replicate what you had, and cannot get a CTD. I have been through the text of both of the Hokkaido Patrol missions in the game, and find no issues. Just to double-check, this is the one you should get first, the "Patrol Hokkaido 1" mission, in a Mission Editor view:

Your assigned area is off of Tsugaru Straits. The map in the game would have shown a Star where the center of the circle is. My orders were:
USS Grayback SS-208
Depart December 9, 1941

Conduct anti shipping operations off of
Hokkaido Island within the designated area
for 5 days. Be aware and wary of minefields.
The other mission is "Patrol Hokkaido 2", using basically the same orders and duration, but you usually would not get that assignment until after you had completed the first, but just in case, it is a little further north, south and east of Akkeshi:

The only other questions I might ask would be: Did you start inside or outside of the harbor at Pearl? When did the crash to desktop occur? just after you clicked on the map and then the Inside or Outside harbor choice, or did you see the text "No mission too difficult" text on the black screen? Or where you in the submarine and traveling when the game crashed? Have you tried other boats and start locations? Do they seem to function well? All the detail you can remember, please. Thank you!

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote