Thread: Sub Sunk!
View Single Post
Old 06-16-19, 08:05 AM   #18
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

What is the "Native" resolution of the monitor - 3840x2160? I have a 27" 1080p monitor that's running at 1920x1080, and I have no issues. If I look in the "Resolution" settings for Windows, it will show "1920x1080 (recommended)". You want to use the "recommended" setting, if you aren't. In the game itself, at the main menu, "Options" menu choice, then "Graphic Settings" menu choice in there, and finally, the "Game Resolution" drop-down box. Toward the bottom of the drop-down list might be a setting that matches your monitor and Windows Display settings. In my case, I had to choose "1920x1080 60Hz", even though my monitor runs at 40Hz. Even if you get really close, you might have to experiment with the "Display Scaling on high DPI settings" on the "Compatibility" tab of the "Properties" dialog for the SH4.exe file, as described above. If you can't exactly match the 3840x2160, choose a 16:9 setting, such as 1920x1080 (1/2 resolution). You might still have to experiment with the "high DPI" settings... No matter what though, you might have to change your Windows Display settings to get larger icons for your desktop, and in the game, you might have to use a mod that gives you larger dials. I know I do... oldmanitis...

btw, the HDMI cable on my set-up worked fine, and I got sound through the monitor speakers also, which irritated the ~fire~ out of my wife... "Turn that thing DOWN!"

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote