View Single Post
Old 03-17-17, 08:08 AM   #4269
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 440
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by geosub1978 View Post
I want to express a big THANK YOU for the FORTS. Since 2007 it is the first time that I play SH4 with great pleasure and manage to get high score together with great adventure. Just two things:

1. The floating behaviour of the surface ships needs improvement, since some of them float like fishing boats.
2. The damage modeling needs also improvement, since many merchants and big warships don't sink even after many underwater hits. E.g the big japanese submarine required 3 hits to be sunk. In my opinion, every merchant and warship up to light cruiser size should be able to sink with two impact hits (or 1 underwater), while bigger warships should be able to sink with 4 impact hits (or 2-3 underwater). This could be compensated by increasing the dud probability of the torpedoes or by increasing the early visual detection of the torpedoes probability and evasive action.

I don't know if these are possible, I wish I could do that, however these are my thoughts!

Again, thank you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nionios View Post
I still play on v0.52, because I don't want to start a new campaign after installing latest version and I saw a ship sinking without reason.The wind was at 12m/sec so may we put the blame on sea state?I think that occurs only in ISP.Is that intended for FOTRSU?
Thanks geosub1978, the whole team thanks you for the compliment. As for the "sinking physics", in the mod, most of the ships take more torps to sink, in an attempt to get a little closer to reality. Some tweaking might still be needed to make them even more difficult to sink... As for the way the vessels are sitting in the water, under "normal" circumstances, we have found almost all of the ships are fine in that regard - HOWEVER - there are some bad spawns that set the vessel "high" in the water, or even "crooked". We've even seen a few "levitate" above the surface... When there is a vessel that has spawn poorly, such as sitting 3 meters deep when it should be 7, then the wind and waves can make the vessel bob about like a cork, but unlike a cork, when it turns turtle, it will sink... We are attempting to eliminate or minimize those bad spawns, so if you would, when you see a vessel "riding high on the waves", let us know what vessel it is, where it is, and what day it is, if at all possible. Thanks.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote