View Single Post
Old 02-22-24, 10:30 AM   #5838
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 444
Uploads: 2

It's not a mod issue. The modded game runs on a lot of other users' computers. The Admin Error is a User Access Control (UAC) issue. I do not understand why it would kick-in on FotRSU and not RFB though. You might not need the "Run this program as an administrator" on the SH4.exe "Properties" dialog. On my older Core2 machine with a 560Ti vid card and Win10-64 on a 27inch 1920x1080 display, I do not have anything "ticked" on the first page of the SH4.exe "Properties" at all. The other computer, with 2x980 vid cards and a 4k monitor, I have "Disable fullscreen optimizations" ticked. Most computers will require using the "Change high DPI settings" button, and setting that to "Override high DPI scaling behavior..." set to "Application" at the bottom of the 2nd dialog. No two computers are alike, so you have to experiment with those settings on your computer.

When does the game crash when leaving the harbor? As you enter the 3D world, or as you are on the boat, actually moving and departing in the 3D world? Also, if you would, while in the folder of the FotRSU modded copy of your game, run JSGME, use "Tasks" in the middle of the app, choose "Export activated mods list to --->" and if you use the "Clipboard choice there, you can then <Ctrl><V> paste the info into your next post. If you use "Text files", you can open the file, then copy and paste the text. It will show the install folder and the mod list and order, for easier diagnostics here. Another point, is if you are using the same new MultiSH4 save folder for all the various modded and unmodded versions of the game, you do have to still empty the save folder after the config changes. FotRSU has very different "calls" for ships and planes from Stock and RFB (basically stock).

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote