Old 01-11-24, 08:58 AM   #361
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 444
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archive1 View Post
PropB:
Actually that does not happen when you click the "LSH3 2022 download" selection underneath the torpedo icon on the left. It opens a full-page download screen and when one selects "LSH3 2022 exe" to download , it immediately begins to download as indicated by a small window, top right of the main screen that displays the download rate and progress. However, when one then goes to C:/Download and looks for the LSH3 2022.exe it is not there. Now once it was there, but it was password protected in a 7zip format...I never password protect 7zip stuff - and I could not open it.

Appreciate the reply, but we are getting nowhere fast.

(And I don't see any reply of real assistance from any senior LSH3 people for the Newbie that had a download problem next to my request for help - besides my minimal attempt at a response. Which goes to my comments concerning the state of affairs at LSH3,)

-=Archive1=-
Ahhh. I thought you were encountering a Windows Defender dialog. Sorry about that... Mine usually tells me there is a potential risk, and does not delete files like that. FUBAR295's suggestion might be a solution, though it is the same file being downloaded. It is a zip file, so I do not understand why it is being deleted, unless your AV is looking inside the archive and seeing the exe file in there?? Do you know how to find the "quarantine" folder for your AV scanner app? You might be able to retrieve it there. btw - the LSH fellows lost Urmel, the former team leader/manager who died unexpectedly a while back, just before 2022 version was going to be released. The rest of the team finished the mod, and its title "The Eternal Patrol" is telling. There are several that will still drop by here, such as blueduck and blackswan40, and those are the best two to PM, especially blackswan40. Just give them a few days to reply.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote