View Single Post
Old 10-23-23, 07:09 AM   #1471
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 444
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaleunMarco View Post
firstly, how can i translate the UPC text to the Sensors_sub_US.dat? i ask because you lost me in the explanation above but clearly there must be connection between the UPC-text and the binary-dot-DAT

secondly, prior to firstly, your questions made me stop and think: i had SJ radar before the upgrade and lost it with the upgrade. the UnitParts file does not have any radar equipment so the upgrade has to come from the UpgradePacks.UPC file.
here is related section from UpgradePacks, however i do not know how to parse the last line.

[UpgradePack 18]
ID= UpackSJRadarPorpoise
NameDisplayable= SJ Surface Search Radar
Info=SJRadarInfo
Notes=SJRadarNotes
FunctionalType= UpFTypeSensorRadar
UpgradePackSlotType= SurfaceRadarPorpoise
Type=NULL
;UpgradePackInterval=1942-06-01, 1943-09-01
UnitUpgradePackIntervalOptionCurrent= 1942-06-01, 1942-10-31, 0
UnitUpgradePackIntervalOptions1=1942-06-01, 1942-10-31, 0
UnitUpgradePackIntervalOptions2=1942-11-01, 1942-12-31, 0
UnitUpgradePackIntervalOptions3=1943-01-01, 1944-06-18, 0
IDLinkUpgradePackElements= SJRadarApp, NULL, SJRadarAntennaEarlyPorpoise, SJRadarAntennaEarlyPorpoise2

then i compared the antenna section after the upgrade with the antenna section before the upgrade and i discovered that the upgrade neglected to add a piece of equipment, namely the actual antenna mast.

not sure where to go because i do not know where i am.
You are missing a "translation" file in your radar "hunt"... Firstly though, first things first - lol - The "ActiveUserPlayerUnits" part that you point to (the same thing as in NSS_SubName.upc) is the "Slot" something sits in. If it is "upgradeable", it will show "AcceptedType" as "NULL". Otherwise, the gear is named at that slot entry, and it will not be found in an UpgradePackSlot in the section below. For radars, you will often find a "UserPlayerUnit 1.Compartment x.EquipmentSlot y" in the submarine's hull upc and a similar entry of "UnitPart x.Compartment y.EquipmentSlot z" in the UnitPartsXSubName.upc file that holds additional entries. After the equipment entries in the NSS_SubName.upc file is the UpgradePackSlots that list all of the possible upgrades for the slots listed above and in the matching UnitPartsXSubName.upc for the conning tower(s). Those entries point to the slots above for the mounting location(s), as well back to the UpgradePacks.upc file. Inside that UpgradePacks.upc file, you will find how it is "built" from pieces of the Equipment.upc file (or Weapons in the case of guns). That file is where you will find the "ExternalLinkName3D=" line that puts you into the SensorsSub (or other) files. If that "ExternalLinkName3D=" is "NULL", then it is a "virtual" entry. The PPI and A-Scope cabinets are such. From the looks of things, going by the "builds" of the parts into UpgradePacks, it does look like the intention was to have at least some of the "virtual" entries be actual 3D pieces of gear. It is possible to do that, but would be a major undertaking... Anyway, look in the Equipment.upc file (based upon what is found in the UpgradePacks.upc "build") for the "link" to the sensors file... From that info, you might be able to edit the ActiveUser... and other associated files in the Save folder. Back-up all data there first, of course...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote