View Single Post
Old 05-25-19, 11:13 PM   #8196
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 444
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by divemonkie View Post
I'm really enjoying your campaign, but I'm having a problem with my belt fed .50 machine gun on my sboat. its proving to be near useless as an anti aircraft weapon. it has no elevation. even my crew cant use it unless the enemy is at sea level.

Is there anyway to increase elevation?

Oh! was just sunk for the second time off Guadel canal while on life guard patrol. Very tough mission. enemy aircraft thick as flies, very immersive.

I'd just like to be able to shoot back.
Quote:
Originally Posted by merc4ulfate View Post
Are you sure you are running the latest version? This got fixed in the last release.
As merc says, in v0.81, you should not be having that. The download is listed in the First Page Post by RR. Also, the Guadalcanal lifeguard mission is a bit much, and while it won't be changed this next version (coming soon to a download location near you), I do hope to have the lifeguarding changed around for the next release after that. I had a hard drive crash a few weeks ago, and lost most of what was going to be in this next release, but I do have most of the research I had done, and can recreate most of what I had...

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus View Post
Is there a solution yo change the weather more often?

Ir usually takes a long weather yo change?
The weather is a strange beast. Like a few other things in the game, the weather seems to be influenced by time compression, and also Saving and Exiting the game. If you play the game for one minute less than the interval for weather change chances, then the time starts over again at zero for the next chance to occur. Also, there are different settings in the game that can influence the "sync" between the sun / moon / stars cycles and the time of day, and the weather seems tied to all that. Several months ago, Front Runner did a write-up on what was happening and why, with the time-of-day. I'm trying to do a re-write-up on what all he found and how to set-up the computer and game for inclusion in FotRSU, and have it all make sense... I have thus far, failed... - but I'll keep plugging away at it.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote