View Single Post
Old 03-28-19, 01:31 PM   #7891
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 444
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Wood View Post
If by Michael Ward, you mean Michael Wood...
Whoops! That's what I get for trying to use this fone to post with...

Quote:
... encountered the Aux Cruiser Toro at 20:00 hours on Dec 18,1941, about 43 miles east of Cam Ranh Bay, near center of CamranBay01 patrol area...
Thanks

Quote:
... Oh, yes, lot's of sampans, junks, fishing boats and a crab boat near Cam Ranh Bay...
Thanks

Quote:
... December 8th, in port orders were to patrol CamranBay01. Once in boat, opened orders and it also showed a secondary assignment to patrol CamranBoay01, which was completed when first ship sunk. A second primary assignment was also to goto Convoy college and await orders. Received this second primary assignment while still at dock. But, I always send a message when I first enter boat, so I will know when I run out of food (instead of making physical note on departure date), so, "Did you get it and the Convoy College after radioing in a Status Report?" Yes...
Eh, still off a bit... I'll have to re-work (and re-word) that one.

Quote:
... Change in wording to patrol in area assigned would be more immersive, even if one can disobey orders and go to Hiroshima to sink battleship and carrier and get medal...

Quote:
... Question... I sometimes get orders to go to port and take pictures. When I radio in to say I gave completed the mission, I am sent on other missions. Odd, that headquarters doesn't seem in any hurry to get those pictures, which I turn in a month or two later. Is there anything you can do with this or was this typical behavior in the war?...
That was one of several reasons for disabling the PhotoOps previously. Those were "hot" missions when given. They had roughly a week to get there, a week to do the job, panorama photos of the beaches, and a week to get back - tops. Hot stuff. Were you assigned one in v0.81? Where did they send you? Did you get the assignment from calling in a Status Report? Thanks - I did just get an idea (scary thought) for these missions though...

Quote:
... Since I got you, a couple observations. Wake island had 236 Marines and 60 civilians not 4,000 troops. The Wake relief convoy was led by Vice Admiral Pye, not Rear Admiral Fletcher. News flashes in error.
Thanks. As you can tell, the hired help is cheap (and lazy)... I'll add that to the list. Wasn't Fletcher sent after-the-fact, like a late call from the Marshall's area? Like maybe they were throwing stuff against the wall to see what would stick?...

Please forgive me, but I can't see this whole post in my fone's winnder...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote