View Single Post
Old 02-26-19, 04:04 PM   #7618
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 444
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifi View Post
Long time question regarding SH4...why vegetation is almost absent, except along harbors and some very few areas?
There are plenty islands completely nude...in fact maybe 80% of the map...
I know it’s just cosmetic, and main stuff are ships, submarines, and campaign...but...a bit immersion killer
Pacific areas without vegetation is kind of strange, knowing it’s absolute contrary.

Is it to save RAM or else?
Adding vegetation would have a huge impact?
No changes have been done to the game or mod in that regard. Everything is as it was in FOTRS, which is based upon TMO v1.7. I don't know about the rest of the fellows, but I'm not about to go trying to "plant" vegetation in SH4, unless gap & Jeff-Groves are able to get a terrain editor going. The different areas of the game are already defined, and it generates what it generates for vegetation. I'm not at my game computer right now, but from what I'm remembering, you would use the Graphics Settings on the main menu, and adjust the
Terrain Objects Density
Terrain Objects LOD Size
The Density slider goes to the right, the LOD Size slider to the left. If you use a text editor on the file, the minimum for LOD is 4. Max is 10.

We had a tester a few weeks ago wondering why they couldn't see the dock at Takanabe. That is what it came down to, was the settings. Here are some of the pix from that:

The dock up reasonably close

As you step back, the details begin to fade and blur

Further down the beach, a view of trees across a field and river mouth

A bit further back, they start fading and some dropping from the scene

Just a little further back, they are all gone from the scene's view

Now, if you already have your graphics set-up correctly, please forgive me for mentioning this.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna

Last edited by propbeanie; 02-26-19 at 05:08 PM. Reason: "Orange" comments
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote