View Single Post
Old 02-22-19, 01:20 AM   #7572
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 444
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by merc4ulfate View Post
You must have a Pensacola near Pearl. I recall you found something a miss with it? I got a new boat the Balao in 1942. On my mission leaving base it has me outside of San Francisco bay. I have to sail all the way to midway then refuel and sail near Bungo Suido for my mission. My home port was at Midway but upon getting the new boat it switched me to Pearl.

Upon mission completion I have to sail back to Midway to refuel then on to Pearl to dock. Trouble is as soon as I get new Pearl the game crashes. The cussing was loud with this one because my last save is leaving San Francisco.

No way of knowing what caused the crash but I am beginning to suspect a malformed ship type of some sort.
Getting the Balao early like that is why you end up at San Francisco, since it is the first base with the boat, out of Mare Island Naval Yard. The Balao doesn't end up at Midway until March 1st, 1943. We tried to "open" Pearl to it early also, but the game seems to have something in there for an early Balao "award" always taking the Player to San Fran until early 1943. You may have crashed at Pearl due to a mission assignment date. I'll look into that part of it. When leaving San Fran, I always stop at Midway both directions and fuel. As for the Pensacola and Pensacola II (Late War), the ones in the Campaign were fixed a while back. We had issues with one in a Single Mission that was overlooked and was still sitting as an Late War version, but with an Early War date, so that is changed for the next version. You would find that in a career. What is your renown score leaving San Francisco, and how many ships does your log show sunk?

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is online   Reply With Quote