View Single Post
Old 02-11-19, 06:19 PM   #7439
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 444
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admiral Lutjens View Post
I downloaded the mod, then I get to the start screen where the loading bar comes to full, then the game freezes. I get tons of error messages and the game closes out to desktop. I did a clean install on vanilla. Any ideas?
I'm sorry we didn't see your post sooner Admiral Lutjens. Besides KaleunMarco's comments, if you run into trouble with SH4 after installing a mod, the first thing to check is to de-activate the mod in JSGME and make certain the Stock game runs. One BIG thing to remember about the SH series of games is that they do not do well in the "C:\Program Files (x86)" if you mod the game. Another thing that can influence your install is the LAA (Large Address Aware) applet. It allows the game to address more of your RAM. All of the SH games run better with the use of it, but mega-mods like FotRSU have to have it properly applied, else the game won't hardly run. One last thing (for now) is that the game has to have the DirectX v9.0c that came with the game installed. If you don't have it installed, the game is missing some library files it needs to be able to run. The thing to do, is post back with some of your computer specs, such as CPU, amount of RAM, video card you're using, and which Operating System you are using. It would also be good to know what path you have the game installed in.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote