View Single Post
Old 01-26-19, 02:21 PM   #7291
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 444
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Front Runner View Post
Has anyone else noticed a loss of mouse scrolling when in the Hydrophone station? I have seen it happen twice now during a Campaign. The first time it happened, I figured "mod soup" and re-installed a new copy of SH4 and FOTRSUv.80 RC2.

The second time I noticed it was while playing an insertion mission near Bungo Suido. The hydrophone station was working fine all through the mission. I could use both the "Home" and "End" keys as well as the Mouse Scrolling and the "animation" in the hydrophone station would track the "simulated" position of the sonar heads.

I saved and quit for the day. When I loaded up the game again, it had lost the hydrophone animation tracking, although I could still bring up green light "Targets" by using both "Home" and "End" keys or the scrolling wheel on the mouse. I switched to the "F2" Control Room view and I noticed that all the "dials" were either centered or maxed. The dive plane indicators were set to max, even though I was level.

I went to an earlier save and found one that worked OK. Then I played through again, checking each save as I went. After making 4 individual saves, I quit, restarted and loaded the game. Same thing, even though they were working when I saved, upon loading things were corrupted.

I saved the folder with both the good and bad saves.

I deleted the corrupted game and created a new pristine SH4 and FOTRSUv80 RC2 (No other mods), and a new Documents/SH4 folder.
I'm playing through a new Campaign now to see if it happens a third time.
Are you using our newer "Test" CareerStart there Front Runner? The symptoms with the gauges and the planes sounds a lot like the old "AI Sub Interfering With The Player's Sub" trick from several versions back... Once, OK, but twice? Not cool... Let us know what it does. It does sound like a Save game issue, like the "GameTime 2018" was, caused by "outside influences"... (ahem )

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote