Thread: [REL] FOTRS Ultimate Project
View Single Post
Old 01-14-19, 08:27 AM   #7152
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 444
Uploads: 2

I've been wanting to do something along those lines drakkhen20, but haven't started. I made one slide-out a while back, but need a ~LOT~ of practice with noodling with that stuff. The menu_1024_768.ini is scary to work with. I was also consulting with aanker a while back about trying to implement a sun / moon "almanac" page somehow, hence my interest in Front Runner's Base Time 2018 thread. I know the game can do a reasonable job of tracking the sun and moon, though it can be knocked out of whack entirely too easily. The game's main problem is the "cylindrical" world, of course. They can be close enough to allow a skipper to decide about whether to do an attack now, or later. I have no interest in "real navigation" though.

As for the "re-fuel" ports, any place you see an anchor denoting an Allied base, is a location that can be used to re-fuel / re-fit. I might add-in a couple more "historical" locations for the retreat from the Philippines, such as Balikpapan, but they won't be around for long. Exmouth Gulf and Darwin can be used during certain periods, but advance bases were few and far between from the beginning of 1942 to the end of 1944. More changes are due for along the Aleutians chain, due to a recent research find that will allow me to change a base location up North... The thing about a "list" is that at the time of retreat, no one knew from day to day, what was still an active base, what was being abandoned, and what had been overrun. At the other end of it, as an Advance Base opens, there will be the NavMap Anchor indicator showing up, and for some of those, there is a "radio" message sent out, but not a "high-priority" one that interrupts the game.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote