View Single Post
Old 01-13-19, 12:40 PM   #7145
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 444
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by drakkhen20 View Post
is the inertia of ships, vessels, etc in water fixed or rather adjusted to reflect real time acceleration and "coasting" or drifting effects ? as in if i fire a torpedo at say a destroyer trudging along at 6 knots and then if it spots the torpedo or hears it. it shoots from 6 knots to 33 knots. is this addressed in this mod ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by drakkhen20 View Post
also is there any other recommended mods i should pair with this mod or is this all i need ?
As we've mentioned before, the "physics" of anything in the game is affected by a myriad other settings, so getting things set reasonably well in one area, will be a detriment to other areas. However, CapnScurvy has gone through every airplane, ship and sub in the game, and adjusted things rather well in my opinion. There has been a LOT of testing done. You might still see one of the fast DD able to take off, but they could in real life anyway. The big thing is that all ships are now trackable by the player at the sonar station. If you find one you cannot hear there, let us know.

As for add-in mods, none are recommended at this time. We do have add-in mods on standby status, waiting for us to finalize the "mix" of the base mod. There are plot mods, dial mods, map mods, etc., along with several others that shouldn't be too far behind the "final product". At this point in time, with all of the changes that have been instituted in FotRSU, most other mods are NOT compatible. If you have a favorite that you would like to see converted for FotRSU, give us a shout, and we'll do our level-best to make it so, or let you know that it can't happen.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote