View Single Post
Old 12-29-18, 06:41 AM   #13
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 444
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShotMagnet View Post
I don't get range reports in yards at any range.

I note the different options for Options, and will once again double-check myself to see if I'm doing it right.

Another question: if you start a career in one class of boat, do you stay with that boat for the whole of your career or are you in the fullness of time offered something more modern?

Shot
Progression through the boats depends upon the mod, if any. In Stock and most of the mods, you progress through the boats, dependent upon the UpgradeClass in each submarine's UPC file. Some mods use 3 levels, some 5. Stock uses 4 levels, with the Balao at the top. The "S" Boats are set at 0 (zero). The Salmon, Sargo, Porpoise, Tambor and Gar are all set at 1 (one). The Gato is set at 2 (two), while the Balao is 3 (three). If you are in an "S" boat out of Manila, and you earn enough renown to qualify for a "new" boat, you would get on of the five boats classes available at 1 (one), with the computer making the choice (randomly??). You earn more renown, and several patrols later, you would qualify for the Gato. Then in late '42 the Balao would be available. Some mods, such as Operation Monsun on the German side, have all of the boats set to UpgradeClass=1, so you do not "upgrade" through the classes.

As for the range, in both of the Options menu is a drop-down selection for "Metric", "Imperial" and "Authentic". I've got mine on "Authentic". I wonder if maybe yours is on "Imperial", and that's all they show is 10ths of a nautical mile instead of yards??

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote