View Single Post
Old 10-24-18, 10:45 AM   #11083
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Downloads: 581
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifi View Post
Tried to launch my last torpedo on a big merchant...i knew i couldn’t sink it right away with only one, so i decided to ask for a pre-heat one

Vecko, to make sure, do we have to wait for the up right icon to end before launching? Or can we launch torpedo as soon as the icon is on?

I waited for the icon to end (seems logical to me) and launched...i hit, but with a dud
It’s noticed that if we pre-heat, the torpedo has greater chance to be dud...is it why i got one?
The ability is active right away and it will last only while the icon in upper right corner is active (a bit dumb , I know, but that's how it is)...

Same goes for careful radiomen (or to say better "fast telegraphists" :hmm ability and pretty much all others...

SPOILER: "dud" warning in the description is "fake", but don't tell anyone...

But, I have a big dilemma should I leave pre-heat ability available because I really don't like the fact that even steam torpedo will gain range bonus from it. The percentage values are not so high, but again, it still bothers me...

I have already removed torpedo damage related passive and active abilities even though I used quite minuscule bonuses so far . They were too unrealistic honestly.

But, I've added instead new "Speed up those boys Kurt, damn it!" special ability . Depending of his moral/efficiency /restfulness points (call it what ever you like), Kurt will take a whip or silently say "I am doing my best Captain..." without any "No, No" animations...
vdr1981 is offline   Reply With Quote