Thread: [REL] FOTRS Ultimate Project
View Single Post
Old 08-23-18, 08:25 PM   #6513
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 444
Uploads: 2

OK, thanks for that. When I was getting the Balao early at Pearl during testing, it sent me to Mare Island, and would then "hold" me there until November 15th or something, and then I would be re-assigned to Pearl, which if I got back too soon, I would then be "held" a while again before my next assignment... I was just thinking out loud via PM to CapnScurvy and s7rikeback, wondering if maybe in conjunction with only having those five Balao missions, if maybe you aren't close to the Tench assignment points threshold for the game, but you're in Fremantle again (no Tench), and the game really doesn't know what to do, so it does nothing... That used to be one of the game's responses years ago before the v1.3 update with the Early Balao Bug sometimes. Other times, you'd get retired after one mission... I've been trying to research this issue in-depth now for several months, and I know as much today as I did yesterday, which is about the same as I knew in March of 2007 when I got my first copy of Silent Hunter: Wolves of the Pacific and fell in love / hate with it inside the first week...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote