Old 07-25-18, 05:51 PM   #6390
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 444
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by torpedobait View Post
1. Not that I recall, Sir;
2. Yes. Attacked a convoy in the rain and got nailed; reloaded a Save out of frustration before the boat sank;
3. All radio operators are Qualified as radio men; same crew there as in the preceding GAR Class boat;
4. TC was 2048; have never had a problem with aircraft detection at TC up to 8092, ever;
5. Yes, remove the own sub mark and 300' water clarity - been running them since FOTARSU Beta was first released;
6. Mission was to drop an Agent onto Hokkaido; had no space nor time before mission to load spare parts for a unit that had operated flawlessly since taking command;
OTHER: Received and accepted offer of a new boat after completing 4 successful patrols in the USS Gudgeon, ending at Brisbane; given USS Balao at Pearl on 12/3/42. Left Pearl on mission to deliver agent to Hokkaido on 3/13/43. Have not gotten back to port yet, and have NEVER been retired by the Navy since my early days in TMO-RSRDC.

My intention is to reload the Autosave game from 3/13/43 and rerun the entire patrol without breaks of any kind. I could also reload from the initial contact with the convoy that nearly killed me if you prefer.
Ok, let's clarify the details again... You were originally in a Gar boat, the Gudgeon. Had four good patrols, no issues with the onboard equipment, issued to your command & care by THE U.S. Navy, for your use in the prosecution of the war effort. Your crew, being of relatively sound mind and fully qualified on said equipment, had no disciplinary or others issues, and they performed their duties (as far as you know)... You were then given command of a Balao boat and assigned to insert an agent on Hokkaido. I think I have a proper chronology, correct? However, now I'm confused about the radar issue - on the Balao?? What date was the radar issue? And you went out on your first patrol in the Balao in February, or was it March?? If the radar issue was on the Gudgeon, was it after you were almost sunk??... Thanks

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote