Old 07-03-18, 01:50 PM   #6271
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 444
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifi View Post
Hi there,

Sorry to ask here, but is there any chance to get a patch for high resolution users like me (2560x1440)?

Game looks sooo beautiful on such resolution, but actually with some little troubles:
- chrono and gramophone not showing up at this resolution
- chrono and gramophone quite small
- command icons bar quite small
- TDC commands in periscope view and AOB/distance/speed dials quite small
- plotting tools quite small on nav map

All this is of course due to high resolution, but may be you could solve this...
I think nowadays 2560x1440 is pretty common for good screens.

I can live with it, but it would be so nice to be able to run FOTRS (U) at 2560x1440... image is perfect with appropriate nvidia settings.

By the way, i gave a try for first time with FOTRS 1.3, and what a nice surprise!
Amazing quality mod here, running so fluent without any bug so far...
First time i see such a nice sea rendering with SH4!
What a good job

Thanks for reading.
We'll see what CapnScurvy, or another video-knowledgeable person says about the game being capable of doing higher-resolutions like that, but one thing you could try is to select your "sh4.exe" and right-click on it. Choose the "Properties" selection on the 'context menu', and then left-click on the "Compatibility" tab. Under the "Settings" section in the middle of that page, tick the box for "Disable display scaling on high DPI settings", and see if that helps with your display.

Is the 2560x1440 the 'Native' resolution for your computer display monitor? Is that what you have Windows set to? I have no idea what the highest setting that the game can go to is, but my game has followed my LCD screens over the years as I've matched the monitor's 'Native' resolution, Windows screen resolution, and then the game's. I basically ignore the fact that my video card can go much higher than my current 1280x1024 LCD's 'Native' resolution. I don't know if that would be the case for you or not, because resolution isn't the only factor, and that aspect ratio may well influence things... Sorry I'm not more help on that.

In the meantime Fifi, this is Fall of the Rising Sun Ultimate, currently in 'beta' v0.71. While it is based on all of the AOTD team's Fall of the Rising Sun versions from v1.2, v1.3, and v2.0+, it is still a slightly different version, but with a very similar "environment"...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote