View Single Post
Old 06-01-18, 09:00 AM   #6045
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 444
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larrywb57 View Post
On my second patrol out of Pearl Harbor with a porpoise class submarine, orders to go to the Marshall Islands for patrol for five days. Upon arrival to the objective star on the navigation map, noticed a lot of aircraft with pylons. Discover a seaplane tender inside the lagoon...
Location: Long 162°E. 20'N Lat 11°24'N. And/or 2649.0 nm from Pearl Harbor at a heading of 255°.
Date: February 16, 1942.

Great job FOTRS Ultimate, enjoying every moment of this awesome mod. One question, using nothing but the v0.71 edition. Can the mod Big Better Protractors be used. Hard to see the numbers on the map compass with these old eyes!
First, Bigger Better Protractors should work fine with v0.71 - second, looking into excessive spawning of the Seaplane Tender. I'm wondering if maybe it doesn't have enough water beneath it where it spawns, which messes up a correct spawn, but not enough to stop the planes...

Edit: OK, Larrywb57... excellent report. This is partly due to what RampantParanoia observed the other day, in that when I split the Jap_HarborTraffic file into 6 parts, to follow the rest of the different layers, I left the original 19380101 start dates in the file. Like I quoted above: "That is 35,040 hours, which would be 175 chances", but this RGG is set to spawn at a 90% rate... sheesh, there could be 157 of those ships spawned between 19380101 and 19420228. Thankfully, there was a "limiter" set to six - which is now "1" (one) anyway, besides moving the Start to 19411115 and moving to slightly deeper water... What would happen Larrywb57, is that each time you'd go outside the spawn area, the game would run the same algorithm for a new spawn, and since it made one before at 90%, it's most likely going to do it again... Which brings up another point, like Eddie Money says - ya wanna go back, but ya can't... NEVER go back - it just confuses the game... and whatever you do, don't climb on the keyboard rack...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna

Last edited by propbeanie; 06-01-18 at 09:36 AM. Reason: Ah-HAAA!!!...
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote