Old 05-29-18, 10:24 AM   #6011
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 444
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by yyzBegonia View Post
... Yes, the Petes are dead annoying...
BTW, I found that the air search radar seems doesn't work at radar depth...
Petes are noted... After reaching radar depth, in some of the boats you sometimes have to come up another couple-three feet to get the radar to come back on, dependent upon sea state. Also, if the plane is already "in visual" range, your periscope will pick it up, and you will NOT get a radar contact report... A very frustrating limitation of the game... One way to "see" is to put your scope up and look at the nav map as you get to the Periscope Depth area, as your boat comes on up. If you "see" a triangle coming your way, "Crash Dive! Crash Dive!"...

Quote:
Originally Posted by torpedobait View Post
Prop, I have no SD radar for the Sargo. None is available in Cavite/Manila on December 8... yes, all visual contacts in enemy waters have been Pete's so far.
You should already have the radar onboard (except maybe the "S" boats), though you'll not see a 3D "set" drawn on your boat - ANOTHER limitation of the game (where are you SH1??) - sorry, mini-rant there... The "sets" you see on the radar screen are both SJ... Anyway, next patrol, go ahead and click on the Radar On / Off button, or hit the <T> key, and see if you don't get a "Turning SD Radar On" message in the text box. Another limitation of the game is that there is no way to indicate that you have the radar turned on or off, other than by hitting the key or button, and checking the message displayed in the text box... so sad. Also, I'm beginning to think that we might have too many Pete's poking their noses in too many US Fleetboats' business...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
... Surprised to have SD, SJ and full PPI in mid 1942 on my first patrol...
... velly intellesting (as Arte Johnson used to say)... Capn?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper450 View Post
Ok don't see anything about it in the read me files included with .71 so I will delete and reinstall. I must have gunked something up in the install process.
In the Main.cfg is this:
[TIME COMPRESSION]
TimeStop=0
RealTime=1
LandProximity=4
CriticalDamage=1
CrewEfficiency=128;1
AirEnemyDetected=1
SoundEffects=2
CharacterAnim=4
EnemyDetected=8
RadioReport=8
Particles=8
PrayState=8
HunterState=32
3DRender=32
Maximum=2048
So it has not been changed. If you don't do a "clean" re-install, into an empty folder, you won't overwrite all of the files, or if there was anything left in the Save folder from another mod, you can end up with what I call "cross-contamination"...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote