View Single Post
Old 12-26-17, 09:22 AM   #5644
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 444
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brett Sinclair View Post
I'm off to installing my first mods for SH IV now.
Does this mod include the Real Fleet Boat mod as well?
I may try to install that one, this one and the all in one beginner mod.

Best,
Brett
None of those mods are "compatible". I would recommend you start with THEBERBSTER's mix of Webster's GFO mod. Peter has full instructions, that even a dummy like me was able to follow. Do like Peter says, and you can't go wrong. Fall of the Rising Sun Ultimate is a really good mod also, but a bit more complex, and is still in "beta" status, as you can see by the trouble reports. Just a few more bumps to iron out, another beta version or two, and it will most likely be considered ready then. You are, of course, more than welcome to try it. Real Fleet Boats is not in either of those mods, and is a mod unto itself. It is not compatible with either of the others. There are versions of RFB and Run Silent Run Deep Campaign (RSRDC) that are "compatible" with each other, but that's another story. Real Fleet Boats makes changes to the US subs, so that they are more "difficult" to operate (some folks say more "realistic"). The mod will definitely make you more careful of what, where, how and when you attack the enemy...

None of the three mods you mention can co-exist together. What you can do, if you want to do some studying, is use MultiSH4 (recommended, once you get used to modding), make multiple game installs, each with their own mod, and then multiple Save folders with MultiSH4, and you can play them all "safely"... But get used to how things work with JSGME and the game by using THEBERBSTERs set-up, and then you can apply that to using the others. You'll notice that almost all of the add-in mods in his mix were written for each other, and work together. That's the difference.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote