View Single Post
Old 12-26-17, 09:05 AM   #5641
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 444
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by yyzBegonia View Post
Ooops! That's it! Anyway your findings make me so proud that I could survive those nuclear-powered Japanese planes!
I do have to walk some of the above back a bit. There are no triggers or events in the Solomons 2 lifeguard mission. It is all date-controlled, but it runs from August 7 through December 5, so anytime you hit the area in that time frame, there is 24-hours-a-day Japanese airplane coverage service. CAP, if you will. Also, the survivors are in the water the whole time, and drift...

In the current state, the best approach for those missions is to calculate a route there to arrive "just-in-time", on December 5th. No sooner, no later. The planes do end on that day. However, you don't have forever to pick-up the survivors either. The main thing is, you're by Guadalcanal, so there are naturally Japanese air bases all over down there (there is?? ). At least, that's what I found, because even without the four Japanese air groups flying all over the place, I still was hounded by the occasional patrol plane, and when they saw me the one time, the area was then saturated with search planes, so it's tough enough finding the survivors with just the game's plane traffic.

What I intend to do with the 12 "Guard" missions, is we'll have them all "triggered" for the players arrival, and the "Survivors" will generate at that time, and should be closer to their "reported position" for rescue. So far, it half works...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote