vdr1981
Navy Seal

Downloads: 581
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by gap View Post
Hi Vecko,

auto-installer sounds good to me.

In order to allow customization, you might include JSGME, and accessory mods directly in the installer, so that they will be in the correct folder once the install process is finished (à la GWX).

You might even let the player to choose wether he wants to install just the base mod, or the base mod pllus the accessory mod package. New UI's option viewer/editor and TDW's patcher might also be part of this 'customization module'.
That's how I have organised TWoS installer right now. I used simple winrar self extracting archive which is "kind of" auto installer but still, I see a lot of modlist where players use all resolution patches in the same time ect...

Quote:
Alternatively, you might release the mod in two versions: traditional (for advanced players and people who want to customize their game) and auto-installer (easier to install but not customizable).
That is the option for sure...

Quote:
As for hardcoded patches, I think you shouldn't run into any legal issue if you include the pre-patched exe, dll and act files directly in the mod, as long as they are encrypted in the auto-installer, and the installer itself requires original UBI files to be run.
That is my goal, an auto installer which would contains activated Generic Patcher and which would have ability to configure OFEV and Gen. Patcher's cfg files according to preset path stated at the beginning of installation process (maybe even taken from registry). However, that kind of full installer is still beyond me but hopefully some day...

Quote:
Originally Posted by A-n-d-r-e-y View Post
vdr1981
Where did you get the original file StrategicMapNew.dds for further editing?

If I remember correctly those pieces of nav map background are from some Russian version of TWoS which I've stumbled upon the net. They look much cleaner then the original Obelix's Strat.Map file. Is there any problems regarding this?
vdr1981 is offline   Reply With Quote