View Single Post
Old 06-18-17, 03:05 PM   #4752
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 444
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Front Runner View Post
I intercepted the December 11, 1941 Task Force just north of Linguyen and I noticed a few things going on. First, the two battleships, Kongos I think, were zig-zagging and looked like they were trying to avoid each other which also triggered the other vessels, a couple of heavy cruisers zig zagging to avoid each other. I viewed this from periscope depth. I also went to free camera to look at each ship and discovered that the Mogami was sitting up on the surface with the entire hull, props, rudders etc. above the surface. The Myoko was rolling rapidly from side to side in rather calm seas. None of the other vessels were rocking and rolling like the Myoko.
I was detected and underwent a depth charging by three destroyers. They all looked like they were performing normally.
After I evaded the destroyers I detected a Small Old Tanker and it too was rocking and rolling rapidly from side to side in rather calm seas.

I have pictures of the Mogami and the Myoko depicting, as best as possible from a still image, their behaviors. I didn't get a picture of the Small Old Tanker.
They all looked OK in the museum.
I'm still looking through the files Front Runner, and it looks like I'll be having two or three groups that happen to be in the same area at that particular time, but one of my "suspects" - who has since been "cleared" of this wrong-doing (wrong ships) - is routed to "drive across dry land", as shown in this capture:

This can cause what you saw. Now, cdrsubron7 and I have spent a goodly amount of time correcting this kind of stuff, so how it's there I dunno, but there was probably an old file set pulled in from before some of our earlier edits, that was used to correct a different problem, leaving this in place, but we're working on fixing things up... My current "suspect" group will have "2x GENERIC CA", so, still looking.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote