Old 06-12-17, 08:18 AM   #4649
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 444
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockin Robbins View Post
Congratulations team...

We'll let FOTRSU v.60 and .61 sit for a bit and then what do you say we take stock to see about releasing v1.0 and working on plugins? ETR(3)SS and Keltos01, how much more do we need to tweak enemy subs and CapnScurvy, what do you have on the table that we have to mix in. And of course, the Three Horsemen of the Apocalypse, any campaign or ship issues that remain? ...
I don't know if cdrsubron7 wants to add anything more to the campaign, but I do want to attempt some "balancing" of the traffic, but user input is definitely needed. I'm almost certain we've got too much "traffic" in the Kurile to Kiska area, and maybe even East of there toward Kodiak for the Midway attack time frame. I do have Japanese subs in the Umnak area, pre-attack time, along with some floatie planes flying around, doing recon flights, and they will attack a surfaced US Sugar boat if you don't get underwater before they see you... but I do have to edit those also. Most of the AI sub calls in the Campaign files are specific to a particular boat. If we make them GENERIC, then you never know what you'll fiind... but you definitely don't want to tangle with a Sen Toku, or even some of the C and A vessels that have multiple deck guns, or a dual-barreled deck gun they "kill" you ~fast~... We do have a couple other "surprises" for folks, ~if~ our idea works... No more lolly-gagging about straight-line running for home though, I'll say that much...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockin Robbins View Post
As I mix all these ingredients in the FOTRSU cauldron, I can't help but think it would be a stroke of evil genius to compress it all into a .tar.bz2 archive instead of .7z. Wouldn't all these primitive Windows victims just LOVE it?

Ubuntu Linux. It's great!
Would it make for a smaller download?... I'm working in my Ubuntu now...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote