View Single Post
Old 05-17-17, 07:47 AM   #41
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 444
Uploads: 2

It's the nature of the beast. There is no real "documentation" from Ubi on modding the game either, so basically we end up using a 10 pound sledge hammer to make a glass duckling of a mod... takes quite a few tries, and sometimes, you just have to accept that the glass duckling looks more like a bruised squirrel, run over by a bus and done-up by an untalented taxidermist. Cool thing is, some folks like squirrels better than glass ducklings... Just keep comparing files in the stock game with files in other mods. And remember, what you're attempting to do is on the upper-end of the talent scale. Webster has a thread somewhere about text editing for folks of my "skill level" - found it: Do you want to learn how to mod sh4?. This is just one example of one of the premier modders on here basically thinking out loud for our benefit. Peter THEBERBSTER has a link in his signature SH4 <> TUTORIALS <> HOW TO DO IT <> INFO <> DOWNLOAD LINKS -STICKY INDEX that has other similar links of threads to be read. I wish I could retain one tenth of what I've read on this site, but my brain would explode... - it probably already did, but I'm just not aware of it yet... - if you've ever wondered why it takes so long for a mod to come out, now you know...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote