Thread: [REL] FOTRS Ultimate Project
View Single Post
Old 04-17-17, 09:21 PM   #4463
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 444
Uploads: 2

If you want to Bubblehead1980, make it compatible with FotRSU and submit it to Rockin Robbins, or just let us know a download link, and one of us can make it compatible, and we'll include it in the Campaign. We are planning a future add-on mod for the Photo Ops. At the moment, I'm eliminating all the calls for Photo Recon missions in FotRSU, but leaving in the supply runs, insertions, and lifeguard stuff. Most of those are OK. I've made four new Insert SpecOps to make-up for the 16 photo missions that are now gone most of the way. I say "most of the way" since they are all still in the mod, just not "called". That will make it easier to re-institute them later. No more Hiroshima Bay or Tokyo Bay though... What I want to do is things like photo ops of potential landing zones, etc., but like you say, ones that happened, or are realistic enough to have happened.

In the meantime, we'll have to have someone knowledgeable about the Japanese AI airplane ops check things around Palau. I just tried one of my new missions, which has NO EXTRA STUFF added, just the "normal" campaign, and I've been bombed and depth charged by planes multiple times at ~night~... 22% hull damage on the first go-round with a near-miss bomb from a single zero, who then came back for three more bomb attacks... hmmm... how much could they carry on that flying sheet of plywood?... Anyway, I came up after 26 minutes under, doing flank on a different course, and mind you, it's 2300 on a moonless night, came up to PD at Ahead One Third, nothing seen, surfaced, did Ahead Flank on another different course, and dad-blame if five minutes later, "Aircraft spotted, medium range." Crash dive, and they did another near miss on the first pass, this time with two Zeroes, and now I've got 36% hull damage on my Nautilus... btw, them thangs (the Narwhal boats) "crash dive" about as fast as a Porpoise on a normal dive, and it takes 20 minutes it seems, to reach Flank Speed... Yikes! Anyway, how many airplanes have they got out there looking for my boat? I'm also not within 600km of any land mass... Zeroes, mind you, dropping bombs on multiple passes... Must be one big CAP on a nearby carrier... Kind of hard to "test" things if I keep getting sunk...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote