View Single Post
Old 04-11-17, 08:08 AM   #7
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 444
Uploads: 2

That's relatively easy also, but can be very frustrating, because there are no pictures to help with what you're doing, and you have to take a guess and pick one to see if you like it, then try another, etc.

First, with your "target" file open, zoom in to where you want to put your dock. Don't get too close though, staying about 3 or 4 zooms out. Click on the "Tools" menu item, and then on "Map Locations Edit Mode". Right-click on the map at your intended target area, and choose the "Add Map Location" with a left-click. Name it what you want, and choose the "2D image map name". Click around on them until you find something that looks like it might work. You have to click on the "Accept" button to see it. Hit the "Delete" key if you don't like it. The "Verysmall_Pacific_Harbor_I" is the one that looks most like "sub pens", in my opinion.

I should have probably made a different step one, and had you look at an existing dock, but oh well... The "settings" are kind of important.

To be able to see it properly, set the "Zoom Start" at "50". "Zoom end" at "1". Click on the "Scale on zoom" tick box, set "Max obj slope" to "0.550000" and the "Scale" to "14.377808". All the other docks in the game (that I've looked at) are set the same. Click on Accept. That will give you some idea of whether you like it or not.

If that's the object you want, click on the ocean background again, to make sure you have nothing else selected, and then right-click on the "building" of the picture representing your dock, and left-click on "Edit Map Location". Now you want to change the 2nd box from the top, where it says "Location Type", which is set to "2DMapData", and change that to "3DLocation". That will "activate" the "Location 3D model", which you want to scroll down through the list and match your 2D image, whatever it is. So that the text of the name you use matches the rest of the game text, change the "Font name" to FPCond18.dds. You can either blank the "Location name in game", or name it what you want to show in the game. Set your date fields near the bottom to whatever you want. Everything else should stay the same, but double-check the settings. Hit the "Accept" button, and it should show in the game now. You do the same for the "City" or "Village" scapes that you want to use. I don't set all the settings initially, while I look for something, but you do have to set the scaling so that you can see if what you've chosen fits in the spot...

It took me a while to stumble on looking at one of the other docks already in the game, and looking at its settings to see why mine weren't showing in-game. I could see them in the ME, but they weren't there in the game, and it's that "Location Type" set to the "3DLocation" and using the matching file. I haven't tried to see what happens if I don't match the two files... probably a CTD though... - If you think about it, and have used any of the map names or the patrol circle or whatever, they don't show in the game, and are 2D, but they show on the map...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna

Last edited by propbeanie; 04-11-17 at 08:22 AM. Reason: "What school did you go to ~boy~???"
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote